AAP-OC promotes developmental screening in the pediatrician’s offices (ages 0 to 8 years of age) to identify children at risk for developmental concerns.
AAP-OC recognizes the importance of regular developmental screening for all children as a part of standard well-child care. AAP-OC supports the use of validated screening tools, as recommended by national AAP. These tools include:
Please contact the following resources for referral needs or further information regarding developmental screening:
- Ages and Stages and Ages and Stages Social Emotional Questionnaires (ASQ and ASQ-SE)
- Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS )
- Modified Checklist of Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT)
Visit the links above to access and/or purchase screening tools for your practice.
Developmental Screening in the Community
The following community partners provide developmental screening online, in the community, and at special events:
- Family Support Network
- Help Me Grow, Orange County
- Regional Center of Orange County (ages 0 to 3)
- Special Education Services in Orange County (ages 3+)
- Pretend City Children’s Museum
- MOMS Orange County