Advancements in Sickle Cell Disease Symposium
Thursday, September 19, 2019 | 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The Westin Pasadena | 191 N. Los Robles Ave. Pasadena, CA 91101
WHAT TO EXPECT – This invitation-only event provides an exclusive educational forum that promotes dialogue and interaction between leading experts and healthcare professionals at the front line of treatment and care for sickle cell disease (SCD) patients. Participating HCPs will leave the program with a greater scientific and clinical understanding of treatment and management for patients living with sickle cell disease today.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? This 1-day educational symposium is offered at no cost to a select number of healthcare professionals with a common interest in sickle cell disease, including: Hematologists, Pediatricians and Clinical nurse specialists.
Some topics that will be addressed:
- Integrative approaches to treatment of sickle cell disease
- Insights from the experts of California’s Sickle Cell Disease Advocacy Group
- Updates in Gene Therapy
- Research on Sickle Cell Disease Cure Therapy
- A Patient’s Personal Journey
For more information about the meeting, please email email@example.com
Please note this event does not offer continuing education credit.
Family Health Day with Clinic in the Park
Saturday, September 28, 2019 | 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Melinda Hoag Smith Center for Healthy Living
307 Placentia Ave., Newport Beach, CA 92663
FREE • No Appointment Needed • Family fun • Food • Raffle
- Free flu shot clinic* (Adults – 11 AM – 1 PM)
- BMI, blood pressure, health screening for adults
- Dental health clinic and free dental screening for children
- Referrals to medical homes/dental homes
- Free prepacked first aid kits*
- Child passenger safety information
- Free booster seats* and bike helmets*
- Mental health information
- Free children’s books
*While supplies last
Blood Drive: Together We Can Make a Lifesaving Difference
October 11, 2019 | 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Orange County Medical Association, 5000 Campus Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Have you given the Gift of Life? Save lives and make a difference when you donate blood.
Updates in Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders
October 12, 2019 at CHOC Children’s Wade Education Center
- Apply current medical management guidelines.
- Consider multiple strategies for addressing pediatric ENT disorders.
- Counsel families on therapeutic options available through surgical and medical specialists.
- Partner with surgical and medical specialists to care for their patients.
Optimizing Feeding Outcomes: Engaging Providers and Patients in a Lasting Change Process
January 23-25, 2020 | Newport Beach Marriott
Conference Topics will Include
- Feeding Transitions after the NICU
- Neurobiology of Feeding
- Overcoming Therapeutic Roadblocks to Treatment Progress
- Predicting Potential for Change in Feeding Trajectory for Complex Patients
- Long-Term Outcomes of CHOC Multidisciplinary Feeding Program
Participants with Autism for Physical Exercise Study Needed
We are investigating the effects of physical exercise on anxiety in children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Participants will be asked to participate 3 times a week for 8 consecutive weeks in a physical exercise intervention or LEGO/Minecraft therapy. Parents will fill out questionnaires and participants will be asked to provide saliva samples. Up to $150 in gift cards and small prizes will be provided for compensation.
- Children between 6-12 years old
- Clinical diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Children are able to participate in moderate physical exercise
- Covered by CalOptima or qualify as low-income
- Moderate physical exercise or playing with LEGOs/Minecraft
- Filling out questionnaires
- Providing saliva samples
The Center for Autism & Neurodevelopmental Disorders – 2500 Red Hill Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92705
For more information please contact: Dr. Jean Gehricke’s Lab – (949) 267-0494
ECHO Autism Project
Wish you knew more about autism? Want to learn more about the different resources available to you and your patients? Join the ECHO Autism Project!
WHO: Currently practicing as a healthcare provider for children or adults
WHAT: Participate in interactive case presentations and didactic video conferencing
WHERE: Your office! 2x a month via video conferencing (ECHO clinic) for 6 months
For more information, contact Meghan Dawson at (949) 267-0462 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Me Grow OC Children’s Screening Registry (FREE)
The OC Children’s Screening Registry is an online database designed to enable primary health care providers and community-based providers to view and/or enter developmental and behavioral screening data and share information on referrals and outcomes.
This training covers user types, viewing functions and other features of the Registry such as: login; child search/add; entering screening results; referrals; and reports. Attendees with also receive supporting documents and hands-on practice utilizing the Registry.
Trainer: Jaquely Norton, M. A.
Participants: New OC Children’s Screening Registry users or those seeking a refresher
Materials Needed: Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop, with Wi-Fi capability, for the hands-on portion of the training
For Additional Information: Call (949) 267-0312 or email OCScreeningRegistry@choc.org
Family Support Network
Developmental Screenings Calendar of Events
The Developmental Screening Program is designed for children ages 0-5. Focusing in 7 key areas of Development. A comprehensive screening is conducted for developmental, cognitive, emotional/behavioral, and physical health. Qualified therapists screen children in the following areas: gross and fine motor skills, speech and language, vision, hearing, dental health, physical health and emotional/behavior health.
Participating in all screenings are the following agencies:
Providence Speech and Hearing Center · Western Youth Services
Intervention Center for Early Childhood · Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County
Regional Center of Orange County · Blind Children’s Learning Center
Infant/Toddler Home Visitation Program
If you have a child age 0 to 5 years, we are here to help you:
- Boost your confidence as a parent
- Help your child grow up healthy
- Learn parenting techniques that really work
Please call (714) 399-2621 for more information